When I get obsessed with an ingredient, I'll eat it until I can't stand to look at it anymore. Lately, it's been Proscuitto. I've been enjoying it in a refreshing summery salad with rockmelon, its sooo good! This recipe takes next to no time to make and it really hits the spot for lunch on a hot summer's day.
This recipe serves 2.
You will need -
- half a rockmelon
- 100g proscuitto
- handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- 100g rocket leaves
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- a drizzle of honey
- a good crack of black pepper
1. De-seed the rockmelon and cut into large cubes.
2. Tear the proscuitto into large pieces.
3. Divide the rocket leaves and rockmelon amongst 2 bowls, layer the proscuitto on top and scatter the basil leaves over it all.
4. Place all the dressing ingredients in a container and shake vigorously to combine them. Adjust the dressing to your own taste.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and enjoy!