DIY Fruity Ice Blocks


The last two days in Brisbane have been killer hot! There's no better way to cool down than with an icy cold treat. I walked past a $2 shop the other day and found the best summer-kitchen-must-have EVER.... Ice block moulds. So that was it, I was determined to make my own gourmet tropical ice blocks. 

I used the organic yoghurt and the mango I bought from Sourced Grocer. You could use regular ingredients, but I really feel that using as many good quality ingredients as possible is definately going to separate these ice blocks from the average 50 cent ones you can buy at the corner shop.



You will need -
  • 8 hole, 1/4 cup capacity ice-block moulds
  • 1/2 cup honey yoghurt
  • 1 tbs honey
  • 1 medium mango, cubed
  • 1 cup tropical juice (Mine had apple, orange, mango, banana, passionfruit and lime....)
  • 1/4 cup passionfruit pulp (I had to use canned as they were not in season :( )

1. Mix honey and yoghurt together in a small bowl and spoon 1 tablespoon of yoghurt into each mould. Cover in cling wrap and freeze for 1 hour or until just firm.
2. Mix mango, juice and passionfruit together in a jug. Carefully pour over yoghurt in moulds.
3. Place lids on moulds. Freeze for 4 hours or until frozen. Serve.





Simple, easy and sooo refreshing. You could try other variations by using different yoghurts, fruit and juice, the options are limitless!




Happy Monday! :)



1 comments:

Fabrizia | 29 November 2011 at 03:08

Nice post, I like it so much! Sound so delicious!

Fox House giveaway on my blog!
Take a look and maybe follow?: Cosa mi metto???

Total Pageviews