Vego Challenge Week 3 + 4


Sorry that I've been keeping you guys out of the loop. My vegetarian challenge finished yesterday and I'm really proud of how well I've done. It was less difficult than I thought it was going to be, but still, it was pretty damn hard. I think the hardest part was breaking the habit. It's so easy to eat meat without even realising it. There were only three instances when I touched meat this month...

1. Pham was eating a hotdog and he offered me the last bite... Without even thinking and out of habit, I shoved it in my mouth... damn bad habits.
2. During my second week, one night when I was starving and in the middle of cooking and blogging, Pham brings over pork crackling. He convinced me to have a bite and said he wouldn't judge me, then as soon as I put it in my mouth he started going 'UH OH....' I spat it back out. I don't know why I am friends with him.
3. On Saturday night, I got drunk and saw some pâté at friend's 21st and decided 'Screw it, I've only got one day left.' Oh alcohol....

Honestly, I'm surprised it wasn't a cheeseburger while I was getting drunk on a Saturday night! The best thing that has come out of it is my new way of thinking when it comes to vegetarian meals. It doesn't have to be boring and it doesn't have to be bland. I have loved playing with ingredients that I've never cooked before and trying out flavours that my taste buds have never tried. It has really opened up my mind to the endless possibilities of food. Another great thing is, it's been great for my wallet. Not just because I've been cooking most of my own meals, but most vegetarian produce lasts a long time. So there is no need to quickly cook up all your groceries before they go off, its fantastic! I am going to aim to have 3 vegetarian days a week from now on.

Although I have a great new philosophy on food, new found respect for my will power and a very healthy body.... I'm going to go get some KFC..... hehe

SooooOOOOOooooOoOoOOOo good....




0 comments:

Total Pageviews