Here's another great and easy recipe from Oh She Glows. Gosh, I love that blog. This was extremely simple to make and you can play around with using lots of different vegetables. It wasn't very spicy for me because of the curry powder I used, but you could also add some chilli flakes if you'd like. It was so yummy with white rice, but if brown rice would be a healthier option. This was a great 10 minute meal that nearly cured my hangover...
This serves 2.
You will need -
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 cup green beans, cut into small pieces
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1.5 cups chickpeas
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2. Add chopped onion and ginger and stir. Cook until caramelized, watching carefully, for about 5-10 minutes making sure not to burn.
3. Add chopped beans, carrots, and chickpeas and reduce heat to low-medium.
4. Add curry powder and soy sauce and stir well. Cook about 5-10 minutes until carrots are softened slightly (do not overcook).
5. Add sliced tomatoes and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and serve with rice.
The chickpeas were my favourite, they really grabbed onto all the flavour and were absolutely delicious!