Vego Challenge Week 2

Okay, I'll admit it. I broke the rules and ate some meat last sunday, but it was only because my parents were having a BBQ for the Lunar Festival and they didn't know about my challenge. I actually felt guilty for eating it and a little annoyed at myself for not following the rules. To reason with myself, I only ate about 2 skewers of meat and mostly filled up on brocolli and toasted marshmallows. I can't say that this was the most exhilarating BBQ I have ever been to. Other than that I have been doing smashingly well. Unlike a lot of first time vegetarians, I haven't been filling up on chips and chocolates and nasty things like that. After doing my research online, I've learnt the importance of eating the right portion sizes and the right amount from each food group. I've also learnt that the reason I was constantly hungry last week is because my body was adjusting to only digesting vegetables. A week later, I feel like my body has adjusted well and I am no longer feeling so light headed. Reading over last week's  menu there were a lot of tomato based recipes, so I've changed it up a little for this week.

Ricotta and Pesto Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Barley Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts and Fetta
Beetroot Risotto with Goats Cheese
Asian Style Curried Vegetarian Broth
Feel The Burn
Stay tuned!



0 comments:

Total Pageviews