Vego Challenge Week 1


Sorry for my disappearance this week. It was my birthday last friday and honestly, I was enjoying bludging around doing close to nothing on my last week away from work. Surprisingly, the week before my birthday I had a serious case of the birthday blues. Oh my, I don't think I've ever felt so down about adding another year to my age! After having a few chats with my friends whinging to my friends, I figured there's no point feeling down in the dumps about my near quarter life crisis, instead I started seeing things from a new perspective. Obviously, I need to make a few minor changes in my approach to life. Ahhhh! Older and wiser I say... ;)

One of the things I've decided to do is to go vegetarian for a month, starting from yesterday. I'm not 100% sure what caused me to want to do this, but I generally favour vegetables more than meat. I feel that my body responds better when I eat less meat, vegetarian meals instantly make me feel lighter, leaner and fresher - placebo perhaps? Maybe, we'll see. The idea of cooking ingredients that my taste buds have never experienced and my hands have never touched is pretty exciting as well.

I won't be going crazily strict with this challenge as I know that I will break so I'm allowing myself to eat dairy, eggs and seafood. I've decided to make 5 meals a week, enough for dinner that night and lunch the next day. I have a sneaking suspicion that this challenge is going to do good for my wallet.

On the menu this week... 
Husband's Healing Stew
Vegetable Harira
Vegetarian Spaghetti
Vegetarian Nachos
Vegetarian Chilli Beans
It seems like I need to educate myself with more creative adjectives than vegetables...



0 comments:

Total Pageviews