Woke up this morning in a great mood because its the Ekka Show Holiday for Brisbane. The best thing to do when you don't need to work? Throw together a delicious home cooked breakfast. So here's what I did this morning...
You will need -
- 2 eggs
- a portion of Turkish bread, sliced in half
- handful of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 rashers of bacon, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- a sprig of thyme, leaves only
- half an avocado, sliced
- olive oil
1. Butter the bread and place it in the grill to toast.
2. In a medium pan, heat some olive oil and saute mushrooms with garlic and thyme. Add the bacon and cook until slightly browned. Finish off with a little knob of butter.
3. Place the toasted turkish bread on a plate and spoon the mushroom mixture on top.
4. In the pan, fry the eggs the way you like them (I prefer the yolks still runny) and place the eggs on top of the bed of mushrooms.
4. Place the avocado slices on top and finish it with a twist of freshly ground black pepper.
To eat this, I suggest to prick open the runny yolk and let it pour all over the mushrooms. Enjoy this in the fresh morning air with a cup of tea... ahhh heaven!