Reverse Garbage


Its been a while since I did an outfit post, so here it is. Im wearing my leopard print skirt that I made (the tutorial is here and here), head scarf that I whipped up out of some left over scrap fabric, black tank from Dotti, cardigan from Taiwan and FCUK sandals. The earrings that I wore for the first half of the day were a find from Byron Bay.



Still haven't mastered how to pose like an uber cool blogger...
When I  was in high school, my friends and I used to get some of our art supplies from a place called Reverse Garbage. As they put it, they are a 'not-for-profit workers' co-operative that collects high quality industrial discards, diverting them from landfill to sell them at low cost to the general public.' I like to call it a hoarder's dream. There are so many bits and pieces to look through and great for the diy-ers. Its hard to leave empty handed. Over the last year they've moved to a new location, so I was eager to have a look. I wasn't disappointed, there was just as many random nic nacs as I remembered.





 





I ended up buying a large glass bottle that I'm going to use as a vase, an awesome new necklace, some left over contact I'm going to use for my block patterns and a large cut of 80's print fabric. All for $20 :) I love Reverse Garbage! If you live in Brisbane and love to DIY, you have to check them out - www.reversegarbage.com.au

P.S. What do you guys think of the new header and the new logo on the Facebook page? I'm incredibly bad with technology so I will be slowly changing the blog's layout so its more concise and easier to navigate. Bear with me!



1 comments:

Fashion Fabrice | 19 July 2011 at 23:33

LOVe the outfit! The skirt looks amazing and the bow in your hair is adorable:)

xoxo
Farah from FASHIONFABRICE

Total Pageviews