Pencil Me In


On my days off I usually have extravagant plans to do half a million activities, but in reality I get up to a whole lot of nothing. Thats sort of what happened today. It turns out, there aren't a whole lot of fancy places to go out for lunch on a Tuesday. I had really hoped to have a relaxed lunch at Sirromet Winery or be a little bit classy having High Tea at Mt Tamborine, but apparently Tuesday just isn't the day for those niceties. My friend and I ended up going to Watt at the Powerhouse instead. Its really chillaxed there, just what I needed and the food was pretty delicious. I must say, having a gin and tonic for breakfast is the way to live!

Toasted bread, proscuitto and parmesan - If I could have this every morning, no one would ever hear a complaint from me!

Chorizo with smoked paprika aioli

Spinich risotto

Hazelnut crumbed pork with potato mash - YUM!
 After our sleep inducing lunch we spent the rest of the day at Ikea, getting a few more bits and pieces together for my place. Tonight I got started on drafting my pattern blocks which turned out to be rather time consuming. I will be posting about them as soon as I sew them up so I can give you guys a detailed explanation about how things turned out. At the moment, I feel like the armhole is completely wrong which will totally mess up the sleeve - but I'm willing to stay positive! So positive that I'm dreaming about all these over ambitious projects... 


  



P.S. I've been lusting over those Jeffery Campell Litas in black calf leather and these 


Ahhhh! Savings is too hard!




5 comments:

LULUCHERIE | 8 June 2011 at 07:59

nice blog.. i love the sheer jacket! where is it from?? :)
and the shoes so nice.. love the colour

I'm having a giveaway on my blog. check it out :)

www.lulucherieblog.blogspot.com

Wang's Factory | 8 June 2011 at 16:45

Thanks! I'm not sure where the jackets from, I dug the photo out of my folder of a million pictures on my laptop, but the shoes are by Senso. I've liked your blog on facebook, its really great :)

Astrid | 10 June 2011 at 03:45

Hi!
I've been reading through parts of your blog, and if I'm not mistaken you are currently studying fashion at QUT? I'm thinking of applying to the double degree (business + fashion) that starts in february 2013 (hopefully plenty of time to create a portfolio). I just randomly ended up here after a search that first brought me to Vogue, and then here... ANYWAY. I was just wondering if you have any tips regarding the portfolio? I'm clueless, I've never made one before. I make lots of clothing but I'm not the best on drawing sketches (trying to improve though...). As you have probably noticed by my slightly messy English, as well as my slightly strange name, I'm not Australian. Do they have any / many foreign students at that course?

Oh, and I really love your blog.

Wang's Factory | 10 June 2011 at 18:40

Thank you Astrid! I actually don't study fashion at QUT so I can't tell you if they have many foreign students. I used to study fashion at Moreton TAFE, now called Metropolitan South TAFE. Its a really great hands on course and you should definately consider that option as well, plus it is SO much cheaper. With the portfolio, I am pretty sure QUT ask for a 20 page one. Put as many pictures of the things you have created, whether it be clothing, sketches, sculptures, art etc... try and show your diversity. Also try to be more unique with the presentation and make sure the entire portfolio gives a clear message about your artistic personality. Check out the qut website, they will tell you when the portfolio is due and what they expect. I hope that helps you. Also, I don't actually work in fashion, but its always been a passion for me and making clothes is one of my biggest hobbies. Thank you for reading my blog! :)

Astrid | 10 June 2011 at 22:15

Thank you! :) I can apply to QUT through a Norwegian organization, so it's just a lot easier for me to do that than to find my "own school" if you understand? But I'll take a look at it!

Total Pageviews