Baked Eggs and Honey Baked Bacon



I've been away for Australia's Queen's Birthday long weekend. Three of our friends had their 25th birthday parties together and we all got stayed at an awesome penthouse at the Gold Coast. Beers, hot tub and non stop eating is the ultimate way to reward yourselves! Now I feel like I should start planning my birthday, which isn't too far away.

It is a little bit sad that tomorrow I have to go back to reality. To cheer ourselves up, Pham and I made a yummy lunch to make our troubles go away. All weekend, our friends and I indulged in bacon that was baked to crispy chips, so we decided we'd treat ourselves to this devilish fattyness once more. I was also very keen on trying out my shiny new portable convection oven that I bought for $35 from Aldi - why have I never shopped there before? Now that I've used it, I want to cook everything in there. It is sooo easy to use, cooks food pretty quickly, super easy to clean and doesn't use a tonne of electricity. Love it!



Baked Eggs and Honey Baked Bacon
Serves 4

You will need -
- 100g leg ham
- 150g baby spinach
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan
- 8 eggs
- Turkish bread
- Butter
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 250g streaky bacon
- Honey
- 50g Feta cheese (optional)


1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Line an oven-proof tray with baking paper and place bacon on top. Lightly drizzle honey on bacon and bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.
3. Lightly grease four 3/4 cup-capacity ovenproof dishes. Line base and sides of each dish with slices of ham.
4. Place spinach in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave on high for 1 minute or until just wilted. Using the back of a spoon, press down on spinach and drain excess liquid.
5. Divide spinach between prepared dishes. Sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons of parmesan.
6. Gently crack 2 eggs into each dish, lightly season with salt and pepper. Crumble feta cheese on top if you like.
7. Slice turkish bread into 8 2cm thick strips, spread with butter and minced garlic.
8. Remove bacon from oven and transfer onto a plate lined with paper towels. 
9. Place turkish bread onto lower oven tray.
10. Place egg dishes onto upper oven tray and bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until eggwhite is just set.
11. Remove eggs and bread from oven and let the eggs stand for 2 minutes. Serve!

Shiny new oven!




mmm... I love feta cheese, I used Danish Feta here


This oven makes cooking quick and easy and a lot more oil free.
The yolk should still be runny so you can dip your bread into it, that's my favourite part about eating eggs. So good!
Enjoy guys! 
 
 





0 comments:

Total Pageviews