Look and Learn



Last night, the guys at work and I went to a Redken look and learn hair show. It was held at QUT's Gardens Point Theatre. Yesterday was the first time all year where its really started to feel like winter is coming. It started to pour down at about 2 in the afternoon and by 4, it was completely dark outside. We were told it was a slightly dressy sort of event, so taking this and the weather into consideration, I pulled on the mandatory black outfit - black dress, black tights, black heels and black bag. While I sat on the bench outside QUT feeling extremely out of place and overdressed, I could very easily pick out every single hairdresser walking past. I made a mental note to myself - I need to learn how to dress in colour, no matter what occasion.

The hair show turned out to be interesting, although it didn't blow me away. I did feel that it was beneficial to see what everyone else in the hairdressing world is doing and not get stuck in our ways. Going to these sort of events is a nice change from the norm and helps to shake up my motivation. The free booze helps too, hehe.

I think I need to invest in some eyebrow pencil...





We're seeing a lot of grungey, street hair at the moment.
Too cool for school!

I liked the tassled skirt, so I took a photo so I can remember it next time I need some sewing inspiration

Playing with cute little Louie when I got to Pham's place after.

 

The necklace that I wore was a gift from my lovely gay besties Jacky and Nathan for my birthday last year. This is one of my favourite necklaces, because it's so unique. If you look closely you can see that the chunky gold chain is actually wrapped in mesh fabric.

I'm currently at my parents house and stealing their internet. My dogs are calling for me outside. They know that whenever I get home, it's time for them to go and mingle with the whole neighbourhood's dogs. Ciao!




2 comments:

Jes | 5 May 2011 at 07:18

Great blog!

http://www.heelsink.blogspot.com/

Jazzy E (hivenn) | 5 May 2011 at 20:16

Amazing. x hivenn

Total Pageviews