Lazy Sunday Retail Therapy

  
Happy Mothers Day to all the Mamas out there! I'm pretty lazy when it comes to buying gifts, I always leave it to the last minute. I think the fact that my mum is incredibly hard to buy for has made me put it off even more. I went into the city today to have a wander around. Usually, I try to stay away from the city as I used to work there 5 days a week. But I haven't stepped foot there in a long time, so I actually enjoyed having a look around the shops and doing a bit of people watching. 


After getting the present out of the way, we went to Borders. It was pretty sad seeing the enormous 3 leveled store covered in sale signs. Even the fixtures and furniture were for sale. It made me feel a little guilty inside for all the hours spent at Borders just reading and not buying. Unfortunately they didn't have any of the titles I was looking for, but I did come across about 10 cooking books that I so desperately wanted. Luckily for my bank account, I overcame the urges and went over to Dymocks to get what I was looking for - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. My parents had been talking about the movie the other night at dinner and the story seemed very intriguing to me. I am one of those people who have to read a book before they see the movie. I like the characters to develop in my head first before being influenced by someone else's perspective.


Little spendings
We made our way over to Suitcase Ramage at Brisbane square. I had been looking forward to this. Its a bit like the markets; people bring their fashion bits and pieces and lay them out on a rug for people to browse over and buy. The atmosphere there was pretty chilled out and fun. I picked up a cute necklace and probably would've found some other goods if I wasn't with a boy that's not into markets... Oh well, I'll be back again next month. I'm definately considering putting some of my preloved goods and handmade pieces together for a stall next time.








For lunch we went for Korean. I got the raw beef bibimbap (I love raw stuff) and Pham got these weird icy cold noodles. I don't think they were his favourite, but I think they'd be rather refreshing on a hot summers day. 



Being annoying as usual, not letting me take a photo






NOM NOM NOM

Awww Louieeee!
I'm wearing a soft grey blazer I purchased from Taiwan, earrings from an op shop, the shoes are my best buy for $5 from Rubi, new favourite lipstick Lady Gaga for Viva Glam and I made the little dress myself. My next post will be about the makings of the dress. Off to mums place now!



4 comments:

"this fashion lark." | 8 May 2011 at 18:21

Great nail polish colour! x

Wang's Factory | 8 May 2011 at 22:56

Im just abt to paint my nails with it! Yay :)

vintage process | 10 May 2011 at 04:16

Reallu nice pictures!

THE CHEAP | 10 May 2011 at 08:30

Nice photos! The food looks so good! And yay for Taiwan!

xx THE CHEAP

Total Pageviews