Hardware Your Bling!

 
I've never really been into jewelry making, it's always seem to fidgety for me. When I saw this post on Honestly...WTF, I just had to give it a go. The materials are so accessible and cheap! It cost me about $20 altogether and I got a bracelet and a necklace out of it, WOO! I made the bracelet pretty much just like the instructions told me to. The only main difference is that I braided the twine and used 3 twine braids to make the bracelets so that it would be sturdier and more proportionate to the size of the nuts. It was so easy to make, afterwards I craved for something a little more challenging. I liked how the original designer necklace had hex nuts going from tiny to huge and I wanted to use something stronger and less odour-attracting  than twine. Luckily Pham owns a hi-fi business and had plenty of cable wires to share.

Wouldn't think you'd be making jewelry with this stuff







For the necklace I didn't want to just tie it up to secure it. I got a few crimps from a mechanic friend. I thought it was so funny how the crimps that join together are called females and males, hehe! Pham did the masculine side of things, he soldered them onto the necklace instead of actually crimping it, because I realised the crimp was really ugly.

TA-DA!
Pretty cool huh? Pham said its technofashion... *shrugs* I just like that its a little different, but still pretty chic.

I also bought a bunch of jewelry making things as I wanted something to secure the ends of the twine and I got a little carried away on Ebay. Atleast I intend on using it all on all the DIY projects I am now inspired to do after seeing so many on other blogs. 


Weeee!




The lipstick is new, Candy Yum Yum by MAC. Absolutely LOVING it! Judging by the huge dark circles in the photos, it's time to get ready for my beauty sleep. Good night lovelies!




4 comments:

chewy | 18 May 2011 at 21:32

Wow i like what you have done with the hardware :)

pink horrorshow | 19 May 2011 at 01:19

OOH! Thanks for posting this, I think I'll definitely try it!!

Katherine | 21 May 2011 at 08:18

This looks fantastic! Just a great idea :)

Lindsay | 22 May 2011 at 07:45

great job! i love hardware jewelry, DIY-ing it so fun!

thestyle-child.blogspot.com

Total Pageviews